HCS7™ (Release 7.8.5) is available.
This release of the Highway Capacity Software (HCS7) includes updated modules to implement the Highway Capacity Manual 6th Edition (HCM6) procedures for Signalized Intersections, Urban Streets, Alternative Intersections, Roundabouts, Freeway Facilities, Basic Freeway Segments, Freeway Weaving Segments, Freeway Merge & Diverge Segments, and Multilane Highways, while the methodologies for Two-Way Stop Control and All-Way Stop Control are unchanged.
In Release 7.8.5, the 2016 Two-Lane Highways module has been included along with the 2019 Two-Lane Highway module. The Freeways module includes graphs in the facility formatted report. The 2019 Two-Lane Highway module adds new charts for follower density and speed distribution to the formatted report. The Highway Safety Software adds the new roundabouts safety analysis procedure, local and state-level calibration capability for parameters, new error and warning conditions along with other improvements.
- Signalized Intersections: Unsignalized Movements; Combined Grade/Heavy Vehicle Adjustment; Animation
- Urban Streets: Travel Time Reliability; Parking Adjustment and Calibration Terms; LOS A/B Threshold
- Alternative Intersection: Median U-Turn, Restricted Crossing U-Turn, Displaced Left-Turn Analyses
- Interchange Ramp Terminals: Experienced Travel Time, Diverging Diamond Interchange Analysis
- Roundabouts: Revised Capacity Equations; Segment Analysis
- Freeway Segments: Managed Lane Analysis; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Weaving Segments: Cross Weave Adjustment; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Merge & Diverge Segments: Density All Lanes; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Freeway Facilities: Travel Time Reliability; Managed Lanes; Cross Weave Adjustment; Animation
- Tools: Highway Safety Software; HCM Reference Guide; MUTCD Signal Warrants; Service Volumes