HCS7™ (Release 7.8) is available.
This release of the Highway Capacity Software (HCS7) includes updated modules to implement the Highway Capacity Manual 6th Edition (HCM6) procedures for Signalized Intersections, Urban Streets, Alternative Intersections, Roundabouts, Freeway Facilities, Basic Freeway Segments, Freeway Weaving Segments, Freeway Merge & Diverge Segments, and Multilane Highways, while the methodologies for Two-Way Stop Control, All-Way Stop Control and Two-Lane Highways are unchanged.
In Release 7.8, the Two-Lane Highways module has been rebuilt with the implementation of the new methodology developed and approved by the HCQS committee. The Streets module implements the interchange-wide ETT and LOS computations. The uninterrupted-flow modules Freeways, Freeways Reliability, and Multilane add support for the metric unit system. This release includes complimentary access to McTurns – a traffic counting web application developed by McTrans. Active HCS subscribers may continue to request access to TransModeler SE from Caliper Corporation with this release as well.
- Signalized Intersections: Unsignalized Movements; Combined Grade/Heavy Vehicle Adjustment; Animation
- Urban Streets: Travel Time Reliability; Parking Adjustment and Calibration Terms; LOS A/B Threshold
- Alternative Intersection: Median U-Turn, Restricted Crossing U-Turn, Displaced Left-Turn Analyses
- Interchange Ramp Terminals: Experienced Travel Time, Diverging Diamond Interchange Analysis
- Roundabouts: Revised Capacity Equations; Segment Analysis
- Freeway Segments: Managed Lane Analysis; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Weaving Segments: Cross Weave Adjustment; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Merge & Diverge Segments: Density All Lanes; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Freeway Facilities: Travel Time Reliability; Managed Lanes; Cross Weave Adjustment; Animation
- Tools: Highway Safety Software; HCM Reference Guide; MUTCD Signal Warrants; Service Volumes