HCS7™ (Release 7.5) is available.
This release of the Highway Capacity Software (HCS7) includes updated modules to implement the Highway Capacity Manual 6th Edition (HCM6) procedures for Signalized Intersections, Urban Streets, Alternative Intersections, Roundabouts, Freeway Facilities, Basic Freeway Segments, Freeway Weaving Segments, Freeway Merge & Diverge Segments, and Multilane Highways, while the methodologies for Two-Way Stop Control, All-Way Stop Control and Two-Lane Highways are unchanged.
In Release 7.5, the Streets module now provides a new larger interchange graphic that can be direction-oriented by the user. The TWSC module has been rebuilt with an upgraded internal architecture to provide more user flexibility and processing speed. The freeway facility graphic has been improved in the Freeways module to more explicitly display managed lanes, left-side ramps, and two-sided weaving. The Highway Safety Software now includes the Empirical Bayes (EB) procedure and the ability to perform economic analyses.
- Signalized Intersections: Unsignalized Movements; Combined Grade/Heavy Vehicle Adjustment; Animation
- Urban Streets: Travel Time Reliability; Parking Adjustment and Calibration Terms; LOS A/B Threshold
- Alternative Intersection: Median U-Turn, Restricted Crossing U-Turn, Displaced Left-Turn Analyses
- Interchange Ramp Terminals: Experienced Travel Time, Diverging Diamond Interchange Analysis
- Roundabouts: Revised Capacity Equations; Segment Analysis
- Freeway Segments: Managed Lane Analysis; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Weaving Segments: Cross Weave Adjustment; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Merge & Diverge Segments: Density All Lanes; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Freeway Facilities: Travel Time Reliability; Managed Lanes; Cross Weave Adjustment; Animation
- Tools: Highway Safety Software; HCM Reference Guide; MUTCD Signal Warrants; Service Volumes