Our experienced instructors will walk through the fundamental traffic engineering concepts. The learning goals include:
- Learn congestion causes and mitigation techniques
- Understand volume, speed, delay and warrants studies
- Learn about traffic control devices and signal controllers
- Understand signal operations, timing, and coordination
- Learn about highway capacity analysis for intersections
- Understand stop control, roundabout and signal analyses
- Learn about the typical traffic impact study requirements
- Understand the data collection and analysis procedures
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Attendees must meet minimum technology requirements such as having a computer with steady internet connection and access to basic applications such as Zoom and a PDF reader.
A comprehensive workbook is provided for the lectures.
The series is held through three sessions that occur every 7 days. Each session occurs 10AM – 2 PM, making a total course length of 12 hours.
The course covers the following content:
- Registrations, Welcome and Introductions
- Congestion, Road Users
- Volume, Speed and Delay Studies
- MUTCD Overview and Signal Warrants
- Signal Components, Operations, and Timing
- Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) Overview
- Intersection Capacity Analysis
- TWSC, AWSC, Roundabouts, and Signals
- Traffic Impact Analysis Example
- Final Discussion, Certificates, and Evaluations