HCS7™ (Release 7.1) is available.
This release of the Highway Capacity Software (HCS7) includes updated modules to implement the Highway Capacity Manual 6th Edition (HCM6) procedures for Signalized Intersections, Urban Streets, Alternative Intersections, Roundabouts, Freeway Facilities, Basic Freeway Segments, Freeway Weaving Segments, Freeway Merge & Diverge Segments, and Multilane Highways, while the methodologies for Two-Way Stop Control, All-Way Stop Control and Two-Lane Highways are unchanged.
The Diverging Diamond Interchanges (DDI) and Travel Time Reliability (Freeways) features are still under development. Roundabout Segments and Streets Spillback and Blockage procedures have not yet been implemented. Quick Animation using CORSIM for HCS is available for the Streets module, but not yet for the other modules in this new version. All are planned for Release 7.2, scheduled for distribution in February after the TRB Annual Meeting.
- Signalized Intersections: Unsignalized Movements; Combined Grade/Heavy Vehicle Adjustment
- Urban Streets: Travel Time Reliability; Parking Adjustment and Calibration Terms; LOS A/B Threshold
- Alternative Intersection: Median U-Turn, Restricted Crossing U-Turn, Displaced Left Turn Analyses
- Interchange Ramp Terminals: Experienced Travel Time
- Roundabouts: Revised Capacity Equations
- Freeway Segments: Managed Lane Analysis; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Weaving Segments: Cross Weave Adjustment; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Merge & Diverge Segments: Density All Lanes; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures