HCS7™ (Release 7.3) is available.
This release of the Highway Capacity Software (HCS7) includes updated modules to implement the Highway Capacity Manual 6th Edition (HCM6) procedures for Signalized Intersections, Urban Streets, Alternative Intersections, Roundabouts, Freeway Facilities, Basic Freeway Segments, Freeway Weaving Segments, Freeway Merge & Diverge Segments, and Multilane Highways, while the methodologies for Two-Way Stop Control, All-Way Stop Control and Two-Lane Highways are unchanged.
In Release 7.3, the Freeways module now implements Travel Time Reliability and restores Quick Animation using CORSIM. The Streets module now includes an Intersection Summary Report for multiple signals with both input and output information. The Roundabouts module now implements the segment procedures. A new Highway Safety Software tool has been added to implement the Highway Safety Manual crash prediction models.
- Signalized Intersections: Unsignalized Movements; Combined Grade/Heavy Vehicle Adjustment
- Urban Streets: Travel Time Reliability; Parking Adjustment and Calibration Terms; LOS A/B Threshold
- Alternative Intersection: Median U-Turn, Restricted Crossing U-Turn, Displaced Left Turn Analyses
- Interchange Ramp Terminals: Experienced Travel Time, Diverging Diamond Interchange Analysis
- Roundabouts: Revised Capacity Equations; Segment Analysis
- Freeway Segments: Managed Lane Analysis; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Weaving Segments: Cross Weave Adjustment; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures
- Merge & Diverge Segments: Density All Lanes; Capacity and Speed Adjustments; Truck Procedures